WHY: The benefits of Continuing Professional Development
Regularly we are asked: why should I do Professional Development? Let’s assume people like to learn and to develop themselves.What could be the reasons to keep up with developments in the professions you are working in?
- Your knowledge and skills are your asset in your services to customers, co-workers and the community. CPD provides you the option to keep your knowledge and skills up-to-date and enhance them.
- Keeping up with current industry standards, legislation and regulations is your life-line. Without you cannot keep doing what you love to do – and what pays the bills.
- Speed of change is increasingly higher and you want to be informed about new trends, developments and directions in the disciplines you work in. Currency is Key. Effective CPD ensures Currency.
- You are part of a team. The individuals are judged on the meaningfulness of their contribution to the processes and the team. CPD ensures you stay ahead and provides an increasing number of opportunities in leading, managing and influencing people.
- CPD helps you to stay interesting and interested. Experience is a great great source of nurturing capabilities, but it does mean that we tend to do what we have done before. Focused CPD opens you up to new possibilities, new knowledge and new skill areas.
- CPD can make you aware and appreciate the content and impact of your profession. Becoming more and more conscious of the impact of the work at the workplace makes you proud and a more valuable Professional.
- CPD could support you to build and advance the body of technology, standards and knowledge in your industry.
- In this era of increased social responsibility and contribution to the community CPD could make the difference in advancing knowledge, processes and practices for the better.
- Last but not least, CPD could provide you with better career opportunities or even a significant change to the career you always wanted but seemed far away.
How is your view on CPD? Leave a comment in the box below.
Do you want to receive notifications when our next BLOG is released? Write your email address in the box below and we’ll let you know.
Want to know more about our CPD courses? Have a look around in our program. .